How To Post
Requirements for Students
Regular attendance (make sure you sign the attendance sheet).
You will write 11 posts (one per week). Three 500-word posts and eight 200-word posts posted to the Human/Nature site. This includes all Tuesday evening events. One of the 500-word essays must be about the final poster session on December 8th. Extra credit events are marked EC on the syllabus and you may get attendance credit for posting a 200-word comment about these events.
To post an essay:
1. Log in to the Human/Nature site.
2. Click on the “+New” tab right above the Human/Nature header and select “Post” from the drop-down menu.
3. That will bring you to the “Edit Post” page.
4. Type the title of your post in the blank space immediately under the “Edit Post” title.
4. Type your post in the text box. You can use any of the formatting controls above the text box.
5. In the “Categories” box in the middle of the right-hand sidebar, select the date of the event you are posting about.
6. In the “Tags” box under “Categories,” add one or two words (separated by a comma and space) that describe your post’s content and then click “Add.”
7. In the upper right-hand corner, click the blue “Publish” button.
When it has been published, you can view your by clicking the “View post” link above your post’s title. You can also edit your post by clicking on the “Edit Post” link in the black box at the bottom of your post. That will return you to the “Edit Post” page where you can edit as you wish. Once you are done, click on the blue “Update” button at the far right of the screen.
For further assistance, please contact Ellen Freeman or Mark Wardecker