The age old story of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley is a fictional tale that almost perfectly describes the relationship between humans and science and how if not done properly or with caution could result in a catastrophe.The whole premise of this story is a scientist so enamored with creating his own form of life, in essence a homunculus, that when he finally succeeds, he realizes his terrible mistake and what grave danger it had put everyone around him in.  This scenario alludes to modern day situations in which science and technology have reeked havoc on the world. With so man scientists having obsessions with developing something new and groundbreaking, they fail to realize the repercussions of their findings.

Take the atomic bomb for example. The root instigator for the Manhattan Project was found in Einstein’s letter to Franklin Roosevelt describing the German’s effort to create their own nuclear weapons.  Fast forward to the events of Hiroshima, Einstein went on to express that his dealings and discovery of this weapon was the worst thing he had ever done in his life. He instantly regretted everything after seeing the hundreds of thousands of deaths his creation had caused. This was a real life, prime example in regards to humans not being cautious of the sciences they are practicing and seeing the possible horrid outcomes that could happen.

My opinion on all of this is simply know what you are doing and how it could positively or negatively affect the people around your you or your surroundings. In regards to science, I believe that there are something that should just be left alone as they are or very minimally messed with in the natural world. One part of science, however, that has always kind of freaked me out is that of Artificial Intelligence. I am all for the creation of robot or semi autonomous being that help out human life in the future, but I am not trying to have a real life Terminator scenario in my life. Other than that, technology and science are great as long as one does not abuse their power.