As a die-hard humanities academic, I have always strayed away from the complexities and conundrums of physical science. However, the idea of the Big Bang, and the origin of the universe has always fascinated me. Having never understood the true theory beyond an explanation a couple sentences long and what I can infer from the title of the theory. As such, this lecture was a fascinating and invigorating ride. I found myself simultaneously understanding the topic more deeply than I ever had, but also having more questions that I never had even thought to wonder about. This led to a simultaneously satisfying, but frustrating experience of learning a great deal, while also becoming aware of how much I don’t understand. As I have found with many of these lectures, I leave with more questions than when I arrive. Having known very little about the origin of anything from the universe to Italian Poetry or Novel Writing, I am repeatedly exposed to a new corner of the world which I know little to nothing about. In the brief time, it is impossible to learn the origins of anything to a satisfactory level. However, opening up these corners of the world, and shedding a bit of light on them makes me more curious, and I find myself wondering about the finer points of origins often. Can we prove the big bang? If we can prove that it happened, but we can’t prove how or why, then is this finding really significant? Does investigating this idea bring us more answers or will it lead to more questions, as the brief lecture on it has for me? How is is possible to define the first novel except by the definition used at the time when it was written? Is it possible to define the boundaries between poetry and music, or does doing so pigeon-hole a broad art form into a claustrophobically tight academic category? I found that I was most perplexed by the idea of what happened before the big bang. I was drawn in by the mirrored image of the big bang, with its inverse expanding before the small blip in time that was labeled the big bang. The concept that on the other side of this origin was a vast and large universe than for reasons that are not yet understood contracted into a small mass and then began to expand again. It demonstrated to me the sheer vastness of the universe, both in time and space, and how small our planet is in comparison with the remainder of the universe. If we are so small in the map of space and time, then how could we possibly understand our true origins. If we are just a small dot for a short period on the map of time and space, then how could we even begin to understand the reasons that the universe acts the way that it does? Understanding the possibility of the origins of the universe makes believing the possibilities that are proposed exponentially more difficult.