The topic of innovation is a very important one, as it relates directly to the future of our world. Finding the pace of innovation is also an important, though very complicated question. However, it is essential to know how quickly we are adapting as a society so that we can predict our responses to new challenges. As the world is changing it is important to be able to continue the pace of innovation. Artificial intelligence may be the future of our world, but it is important that we are able to keep innovating to keep up with the continuing challenges that will come with the new changes in our world. As I have found with many of these lectures, I leave with more questions than when I arrive. Having known very little about the origin of anything from the universe to Italian Poetry or Novel Writing, I am repeatedly exposed to a new corner of the world which I know little to nothing about. In the brief time, it is impossible to learn the origins of anything to a satisfactory level. However, opening up these corners of the world, and shedding a bit of light on them makes me more curious, and I find myself wondering about the finer points of origins often. Can we prove the big bang? If we can prove that it happened, but we can’t prove how or why, then is this finding really significant? Does investigating this idea bring us more answers or will it lead to more questions, as the brief lecture on it has for me? How is is possible to define the first novel except by the definition used at the time when it was written? Is it possible to define the boundaries between poetry and music, or does doing so pigeon-hole a broad art form into a claustrophobically tight academic category? It was fascinating to learn so much about both a topic that I was previously very uninformed about, as well as a whole different method for investigating the topic. Her discussion of adjacent possibilities was also a fascinating topic which I previously knew very little about. As a newfound lover of the show stranger things, which features an alternate universe known as the upside down, it is hard to imagine adjacent possibilities in a serious sense, without cartoonish gel oozing everywhere. However, it also makes the idea of actual adjacent possibilities all the more frightening. They are inherently incredibly mysterious, and therefore go perfectly alongside the idea of innovation, as there is no way to quantify our ability to innovate, or accurately predict what or how quickly things will be innovated in the future. Until we can see into the future, something that will inevitably be an important innovation, there will be no way to know what challenges will be faced in the future, or how they will be solved, how quickly or by whom. However, it is still important to be able to estimate what can be solved by innovation.