PTB, Karoo Basin
download available .pdf by clicking on appropriate
Publications with Students
- BOLD indicates Graduate Student co-author
- BOLD ITALICS indicates Undergraduate Student co-author
- Gastaldo, R.A., and Neveling, J., 2014, Comment on “Anatomy of a mass extinction: Sedimentological and taphonomic evidence for drought-induced die-offs at the Permo-Triassic boundary in the main Karoo Basin, South Africa” by R.M.H. Smith and J. Botha-Brink, Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 396:99-118.: Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology
- Gastaldo, R.A., Knight, C., Neveling, J., and Tabor, N., 2014, Late Permian Paleosols from Wapadsberg Pass, South Africa: Implications for Changhsingian Climate: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 126, p. 665-679. doi: 10.1130/B30887.1
- Gastaldo, R.A., Pludow, B.A., and Neveling, J., 2013, Mud Aggregates from the Katberg Formation, South Africa: Additional Evidence for Early Triassic Degradational Landscapes: Journal of Sedimentary Research, v. 83, p. 531-540.
- Gastaldo, R.A., and Neveling, J., 2012, The terrestrial Permian-Triassic boundary event is a nonevent: REPLY: Geology, v. 40, p. e257, doi:10.1130/G32975Y.1
- Prevec, R., Gastaldo, R.A., Neveling, J., Reid, S.B., and Looy, C.V., 2010, An Autochthonous Glossoperid flora with Latest Permian palynomorphs and its depositional setting from the Dicynodon Assemblage Zone of the southern Karoo Basin, South Africa: Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, v. 292, p. 381-408. (doi: 10.1016/j.palaeo.2010.052)
- Prevec, R., Labandeira, C.C., Neveling, J., Gastaldo, R.A., Looy, C.V., and Bamford, M.K., 2009, Portrait of a Gondwanan Ecosystem: A New Late Permian Locality from Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa: Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology, v. 156, p. 454-493.
- Pace, D.W., Gastaldo, R.A., and Neveling, J., 2009, Aggradational and Degradational Landscapes in the Early Triassic of the Karoo Basin and Evidence for Dramatic Climate Shifts Following the P/Tr Event: Journal of Sedimentary Research, v. 79, p. 276-291.
- Gastaldo, R.A., Neveling, J., Clark, C.K., and Newbury, S.S. , 2009, The terrestrial Permian-Triassic boundary event bed is a non-event: GEOLOGY, v. 37, n. 3, p. 199-202.
- Gastaldo, R.A., and Rolerson, M.W., 2008, Katbergia gen. nov., A New Trace Fossil from the Upper Permian and Lower Triassic Rocks of the Karoo Basin: Implications for Paleoenvironmental Conditions at the P/Tr Extinction Event: Palaeontology, v. 51, p. 215-229.
- Gastaldo, R.A., Adendorff, R., Bamford, M.K., Labandeira, Neveling, J., and Sims, H.J., 2005, Taphonomic Trends of Macrofloral Assemblages Across the Permian-Triassic Boundary, Karoo Basin, South Africa: PALAIOS, v. 20, p. 478-497. (doi 10.1016/j.palaeo.2010.03.052)
- Selover, R.W., and Gastaldo, R.A., 2005, A Reinterpretation of the Wagendrift Quarry, Estcourt, Kwazulu Natal Province, and its Implications for Karoo Basin Paleogeography: Journal of outh African Geology, v. 108, p. 17-26.