Home So Soon?

I think I speak for everyone when I say the last few days have been crazy. On Wednesday morning I was preparing for a weekend trip to Berlin, and less than 48 hours later I found myself back home in my small town in Colorado. I think that I, along with pretty much everyone else, am still processing the last few days. However, even in the midst of all the uncertainty and disappointment and hysteria, I have really recognized how lucky I am to have such amazing support networks in my life. I’m grateful that my parents supported me emotionally and financially as I made the tough but necessary decision to find a flight home as quickly as I could. I’m grateful for my friends on my program that helped me make the most out of our last hectic day in Cork. I’m grateful that Colby made a quick decision to pull us out of our programs before the situation escalated. I’m grateful for my Colby professors that have reached out to make sure I made it home safely. I know that the coming weeks and maybe months are going to be really difficult, and my heart is broken for literally everyone- my friends pulled out of their abroad experiences, the seniors who are missing out on their last semester at Colby, the students and travelers stranded around the world as more travel bans are put in place, the people suffering from this virus first-hand. Even though this is such an unprecedented and scary situation, I know that I have people I can rely on, and that people can rely on me too. I can’t stress enough how grateful I am to be a part of the Colby community today and everyday, and I’m looking forward to getting through this tough time together.