Current Research Team

Bridget Horwood ’19

I’m a senior from Westchester, New York. I am double majoring in Psychology and French with a minor in managerial economics. I joined the lab my freshman year and since then have been working on a project comparing the memory benefits of testing and enactment in learning Chemistry. Other activities that I am involved in on campus include being a member of the Varsity Women’s Lacrosse Team and a Colby Cares About Kids mentor.

Cole Walsh ’19

I am a senior from Falmouth, Maine, majoring in Psychology and English! I am excited to be working in the Memory & Language Lab in conjunction with the Cognitive Development Lab to examine how cognition changes across the lifespan. On campus, I am involved with Powder & Wig and Mediocre acapella! I can also usually be found drinking tea and watching period dramas.

Sam Gray ‘20

I am a junior from northern Maine! I am hoping to major in Psychology with a concentration in Neuroscience. I love learning about the brain and I also enjoy staying active! I love to ski and hike. You might see me at Davis or Miller doing work or maybe squeezing in a late night lift in at the AC. After college, I don’t know exactly what I want to do but I am pre-med and aspire to work in the medical field or in research.  

Simon Xu ’20

Hi, I am junior at Colby. I am not very talkative. But I guess I could anthropomorphize.

Katilin McManus ’20

I’m a junior from Falmouth, Massachusetts! I am double majoring in Psychology and Biology with a concentration in Neuroscience. I joined the lab at the beginning of this year and have been working on a few false memory projects. On campus, I am also a tutor for Psychology, and I’m involved in several clubs including Active Minds and Partners in Health Engage. I love days at the beach, running, psychological thrillers, and eating peanut butter.

Kai Chang ’21

I’m a sophomore at Colby. I wanted to kill a requirement by taking psych, …and I ended up here, probably because I found it interesting figuring out how minds work. I like sleeping and meditating (which is doing nothing with eyes closed) and that’s why I’m so jealous of this cat.

Grace Neumiller ’22

Heya, I’m a second year from the Twin Cities, Minnesota, thinking of majoring in Environmental Studies. I started working in the Memory and Language lab this year on a project studying Fake News. You can find me around campus training in the pool with the swim team, dipping my toes in various clubs, as well as skiing, hiking, and exploring in the great outdoors with the Outing Club!