Current Research Team

jale

Jake Lester ’18

Hi, I hail from Medfield, MA. I am excited to be working in the Memory and Language Lab this year as a senior. Other things I am involved with around campus are Student Government as the Class of 2018 Co Class President, athletics as a runner for cross country and track teams, and the Jazz Band as a Drummer. I also really like hiking, skiing, mountain biking and taking photos! I am excited to see where my interest in Psychology takes me in the coming years.

Bridget Horwood ’19

I’m a junior from Westchester, New York. I am double majoring in Psychology and French with a minor in managerial economics. I joined the lab my freshman year and since then have been working on a project comparing the memory benefits of testing and enactment in learning Chemistry. Other activities that I am involved in on campus include being a member of the Varsity Women’s Lacrosse Team and a Colby Cares About Kids mentor.

Cole Walsh ’19

I am a junior from Falmouth, Maine, majoring in Psychology and English! I am excited to be working in the Memory & Language Lab in conjunction with the Cognitive Development Lab to examine how cognition changes across the lifespan. On campus, I am involved with Powder & Wig and Mediocre acapella! I can also usually be found drinking tea and watching period dramas.

Sam Gray ‘20

I am a sophomore from northern Maine! I am hoping to major in Psychology with a concentration in Neuroscience. I love learning about the brain and I also enjoy staying active! I love to ski and hike. You might see me at Davis or Miller doing work or maybe squeezing in a late night lift in at the AC. After college, I don’t know exactly what I want to do but I am pre-med and aspire to work in the medical field or in research.  

Simon Xu ’20

Hi, I am sophomore at Colby. I am not very talkative. But I guess I could anthropomorphize.

Bios Coming Soon From These Research Assistants:

Robbie Yu ’18

Yi-Pei Lo ’18

Katilin McManus ’20

Yi Feng ’20

Grace Neumiller ’21