Alumni News

2013 – Susannah Hufstader ’12  returned to campus this summer before moving on to graduate school in history at the University of Chicago in the fall.

2013 – Ramsey Meigs ’11 beautifully documents his “Life As A Forester in the Oregon Coast Range” on his blog:

http://sometimesagreatemotion.wordpress.com/

…  I am learning everything it takes to manage a tree farm, and more. 5-Year Plan: I have my eyes set on a dual MBA/Master in Forestry from Yale.  If all goes well, I will organize an internship with a forester I befriended last year in the N. Hessen/Sauerland region before heading off the grad school.

2013 – Justin Mohler ’09 moved home to the Seattle from Hong Kong where he had been teaching English to start his graduate studies in German at the University of Washington!

2014 – Elizabeth Schneider ’12 is finishing up her second year as a Fulbright ETA in beautiful Vienna! Congratulations!

2014 – Carter Stevens ’13 is enjoying every minute of his Fulbright ETA year in Wolfenbüttel, Germany. Follow his adventurous journey through Europe as he attempts to visit…all of Europe?

http://carterstevensjourneyblog.wordpress.com/

2013 – Suzanne Swartz ’07 visited Colby in March for a presentation to students thinking about graduate school:

…I majored in German Studies and History, and was an English Language Assistant in Austria the year after I graduated. Please feel free to pass my contact information on to students; I’m happy to speak with anyone thinking about study abroad, language assistantships, and ways to continue with German after they graduate.

2012 – Melanie Ungar ’08 joined an Alumni Panel at Colby this fall and reported good news:

…Things are going well. I passed my exams last spring and am working on my prospectus and first chapter now. … I’m writing on issues of gender and humor in Fontane, Mann, Ebner-Eschenbach, …. I’ve been abroad for at least a month every summer – twice with Duke in Berlin and once at the Uni Duisburg-Essen, and I’m applying to go abroad next year either to Tuebingen (through UNC) or Berlin (through Duke). … I taught at UNC for two years, and now I’m teaching at Duke, which is a very interesting change.

2013 – James Violette ’11 just began his graduate studies in English and History at the University of Fribourg, Switzerland, after two years as Fulbright ETA in Austria. Rumor has it that he is busy planning someone’s wedding.