“A Recent Accession”: The Colby Library Quarterly

CLQ blue cover - detail

Detail of the CLQ’s familiar blue cover used during Carl Weber’s editorship. Richard Cary changed the CLQ format when he became editor in 1959.

From its inception in 1943 until its change in direction in 1975, the Colby Library Quarterly was the preeminent voice of the Colby Library Associates and of the Treasure Room, which gradually became our Special Collections. The CLQ was widely revered and read. Each issue was set up and printed by the Anthoensen Press in Portland (Maine), adding distinction to the publication.

Student scholarship: Read a brief history of the Colby Library Quarterly written by Meghan Kelly, Class of 2017, 2013-2014 Presidential Scholar.