CHRONOLOGY & CONTEXT

4_HCOLBIANA_118613311161

Moving books in 1947 from the first, two-story library that was located in Memorial Hall on the old campus.

This section of our site provides historical background, a chronology of acquisitions and activities, and some general context.

In particular, the chronology illustrates the interwoven efforts of curators, librarians, supporters such as the Colby Library Associates, and loyal benefactors.