COFGA is open to new student members at any point during the year. We don’t require any specific time commitment: “come when you can, stay as long as you like!” We have many members and a co-president team that organize the meetings and events.
We gather weekly. Here is a list of what we might be doing on a given week!
- Harvesting for Colby dining halls or the Waterville Food Bank
- Hosting a public harvest dinner with our produce
- Tabling for a fall festival or environmental showcase on campus
- Visiting local farms for lessons and volunteer sessions
- Gleaning at the Waterville Farmers’ Market
- Working to close or open the garden for the harvest season
- Planting and watering seedlings in the greenhouse
- Creating a garden layout for the upcoming season
- Hosting a bonfire at the garden