The Career Center coordinates the application process for a variety of endowed funding sources that are available to provide students with financial assistance related to internships. You will find detailed information about applying for the funds in the application instructions linked below and information about current funding opportunities on the ‘Endowed Funds’ page.
- Internship Award Application Form
- Internship Proposal
- Faculty Recommendation Form
- Internship Organization Commitment Letter (confirmation of internship from internship provider)
- Budget Proposal
- Current Resume
- Required Paperwork for Abroad Internships, as applicable
INTERNSHIP FUNDING RECIPIENTS: Your Endowed Internship Fund Reports are due to email@example.com within a week of the semester end.
PLEASE NOTE: The application forms and instructions have been revised for the summer 2014 funding awards process. The correct application instructions have a date of Thursday, February 27 on the bottom of the cover page.
>> DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
>> DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORMS
>> DOWNLOAD THE FACULTY REFERENCE FORM
SUMMER 2014 DEADLINE: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 – 5pm
JAN PLAN 2015 DEADLINE: Wednesday, October 30, 2014 – 5pm
- Funding does not serve as compensation for an internship. Rather, it is intended to cover supplemental costs that students may incur when working in an internship, e.g., lodging, travel expenses, commuting costs, and meals.
- Applicants do NOT need to have a confirmed internship to apply. Based on the application deadlines, students are often still waiting to hear back regarding their summer plans at the time applications are due. Funding applications can still be submitted without a secured internship, but should be completed with information for one specific opportunity, based on what is most likely to take place. The committee will make a decision based on the initial application.
- If you are awarded funding, it will be provisional on receipt of a letter from the organization confirming the internship. If your plans change and you end up pursuing a different opportunity, you will need to resubmit the application with any updated internship information.
- You must also complete the online application form to apply for an internship, posted on the ‘Credit Process‘ page.
- After your internship experience has ended, all applicants must complete the Endowed Internship Fund Report, in addition to any academic projects required by faculty sponsors for Jan Plan credit, academic credit or transcript notation.
- If you are planning to do a January or summer internship/independent study outside of the United States, please be mindful that Colby will not sponsor your efforts (i.e. grant Jan Plan credit, transcript notation, academic credit, or fellowship money) if the experience is located in a country that the U.S. government has issued a travel warning or recognizes as being a “dangerous place.” Please visit the U. S. State Department’s Website for a list of these countries.