|Through our collaborate initiatives, programming and technologies, an endless connectivity within the Colby community supports students’ future endeavors.|
Colby graduates succeed. They find their places at top Wall Street firms, the best medical schools and research universities, the finest law and business programs, in the arts, government service, social service, education, and nonprofit organizations. They are inspired leaders in their communities. Colby graduates are employed worldwide and are living lives of consequence.
2011 CAREER CENTER HIGHLIGHTS
- Colby Connect (four-year career development curriculum): The Career Center added 320 new first-year members to Colby Connect, contributing to 929 participants.
- Employment: Data collected throughout the year and from the 2011 Senior Survey indicated that 58% of seniors had accepted offers of employment.
- Graduate School: According to the class of 2011 Senior Survey, 19% of graduates are attending graduate school.
- 90% of all Colby medical school applicants gained admissions to allopathic and osteopathic medical schools according to data for the most recent application cycle (includes alumni applicants.)
- 88.7% of Colby applicants to law school in the most recent release of data were offered admission to law school (includes alumni applicants.)
- Internships: The Career Center witnessed a 20% increase in internship placements, contributing to 145 Jan Plan assignments, including an increase in completed internships in 19 different countries.