Human Anatomy at Colby

Jan Plan Course Reflection

February 4, 2020 · No Comments

Going into this course I was unsure what to expect. I had read some previous blog posts, and I expected that the class would be difficult, but I didn’t realize how much material was going to be thrown at us. There is quite a bit of rote memorization to do, which is something I have always regarded as one of my weak points. Even though I was not the best at the memorization piece, this class helped to convince me that I can memorize large amounts of information if I need to.

Another study technique that I will probably use forever is the idea that study sessions should be divided up into three parts. One part is looking at past material, another is looking at the material that was just learned, and the third is looking ahead to material that has not been covered in class yet. While I was not always perfect at using this method, I did better on the days that I used this strategy. Additionally, it will save you lots of time in the long run and prevent having to spend lots of time cramming before a test. That is impossible in this course because there are quizzes given almost every day.

Often the people who appear to do the best in difficult courses are the ones who get little sleep and have very high levels of stress. This class helps to present an alternative to that and helps to begin the process of learning how to retain lots of information while still doing things to maintain mental and physical health. In the long run, this seems like a great method to prevent burnout, which is especially helpful as many of the people in the class plan on going into some kind of healthcare profession. I would highly recommend taking this course if you have any interest in healthcare and are interested in developing your study skills.

-Meredith

Categories: Uncategorized