Academic ITS offers poster printing services only for faculty and student research or coursed-based projects. For other projects, members of the community may contact an area designer or printer.
You may use this template to create your poster if you wish, or you may download a correctly sized blank PowerPoint template. Please note that failure to adhere to all of the following guidelines will result in an inability to print your poster:
- Size must be 36″ tall by 48″ wide.
- No more than 1/3 of the poster may have a non-white background to conserve toner and reduce printing time.
- Photographs, pictures, and figures should be of the highest possible resolution.
- Keep fonts simple – remember that if a you use a font that is not installed on the master computer, your poster will lose both the font and its formatting in the printing process.
- Use a font size that can be easily read from a distance.
- The poster must be saved as a PowerPoint file(.ppt) or pdf (if you use a PC).
**A note about creating your poster on a Mac: To include an image on your poster, do NOT ‘copy and paste’. You must save the image to your computer, then use the ‘insert > picture’ option to import it into Powerpoint.
When your poster is ready for printing, please submit it using the following form:
If you have difficulty submitting your poster with this form, please send it as an email attachment to Qiuli.Wang@colby.edu
Poster files that are too large for email can be submitted for printing using the Colby dropbox service Please note that in box #2 (Information about the Recipient), Qiuli’s entire email address must be entered (Qiuli.Wang@colby.edu) including the @colby.edu part. In your email, please indicate whether your file was created on a PC or a Mac.
The poster will be printed in the Language Resource Center and you will receive a message to retrieve it from Lovejoy 404.