#1 Color Coding
Setting certain types of appointments in your calendar to a different color from your default calendar color can help organize and highlight specific events.
To set a single event to a different color:
- Double click on the event to open it
Create a new event and “Edit Details”
- Under the even details tab, you will see the “Event color” selections.
Click on the color you want and the event will be changed to that color in your calendar.
#2 Fifteen Minute Event Duration
You can now set your default meeting time to as slow as 50 monutes.
To do this:
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right of the calendar screen and select “Calendar settings”
- Change the default meeting time to 15
#3 Appointment Slots
Sometimes it is convenient to reserve a period of time on your calendar that you allow others to schedule into…Student conferences for example.
To do this:
- Click on your calendar where you want to reserve time
- Click on “Appointment slots” at the top of the event dialog box
- The default duration of a slot is 30 minutes…but you can change that
- Click on the 30 opposite “Offer as slots of:”, a selection list will drop down – you can select another value here
- Click on “Edit details
- From this screen you designate what period of time to reserve
- This reservation is for 15 minutes slots from 8AM to 10AM on June 17
- Click “Save”. It will look like this on your calendar: